one thing I did not bargain for or really consider when deciding to move to LBK was the weather. sure, i knew the weather here can change in the blink of an eye, knew that it gets cold, knew they have crazy storms that sometimes produce hail...what i didnt count on was that the changes between the two are a bit more drastic than what i'm used to.
these last few days have been odd. like crazy weird occurrences. For starters, the unexpected cold front that blew through. I wasnt expecting that but then today my neighborhood had a poweroutage which didnt just include residential areas but commercial as well. so i thought, since i have no power, i'll take care of what i need to take care of. oh no...i had to drive further than expected because certain stores around me didn't have power! agh!
then yesterday afternoon, I went to starbucks with a friend of mine. our crazy cold front had just blown in so i thought "oh i'll have some hot chocolate." Except I forgot to tell them skim milk hold the cream! ok so not that I make it public knowledge but i havent had WHOLE milk in like 2 years. Yes, that's right...so you an imagine the havoc and pain that little lush drink caused me. i thought i was going to die (yes i'm being dramatic).
then I have a nail in my tire which i was going to have fixed because i have some warranty or other on the dumb tires i updgraded to the last time I changed out my tires. first i dont like the tires because they are much more noisier than the previous brand and these are supposed to be a step up. They are Yokohama tires to be exact. ok so i go to see what exactly I need to do about this tire and ah! wont be ready till tomorrow...forget it. i'm not losing an air so my dad says i should be alright till tomorrow when i can get it fixed. but i got a stern warning "dont be doing 80mph going down the Loop or any other major road."
my response, "aye aye captain" even gave him a military salute which he could not see!
ok so i'm having this completely horrendous, crazy whacked out day...including my ipod going kah-put on me so i have to send it in to be repaired...and my phone going bonkers and taking forever to load and then deciding its going to turn itself off and not turn back on.
then the power outtage, I mentioned above...yeah put a BIG ole damper on my chicken noodle soup progress. as in i was in the middle of the darn thing, when poof! out goes the power. (sigh) i called everyone that needed to know about said chicken noodle soup and we all decided to do our own thing for dinner. so that meant going back out to figure out what i was going to do in terms of dinner and then having to come back and finish the darn soup i was not a super happy camper. But i decied to see my commitment through so i did indeed finish the homemade concoction which now happily sits in my fridge.
so i had technological challenges, power challenges, health/food challenges....over all it was a very challenging day!
not to mention i'd been trying to write this blog for a few days. so i have itunes on shuffle and up comes my favorite song in the whole wide world! "you are my shining star" by the Manattans.
You can watch the video. Just puts me in a super relaxed happy mood! what can I say? ok with that I'm going to bed. tomorrow's blog will have a bit more content, i promise...just that its late and there's too much to tak about now.
No comments:
Post a Comment