there's so much i'd like to share in today's tid-bit but i just dont have the emotional energies to re-visit some of the latest happenings. the last few weeks have been a little intense. i should not be surprised this is how my life goes! lol. To do the hard thing and go to the hard places: something i have little say about.
Cary's recovery fluctuates. He makes progress and then encounters a set back. My sister's been through the mill and i've been praying for strength. Working on a care package to send them. My parents are also back on the road, headed to Texas - home sweet home. They should arrive sometime tomorrow evening.
I've had to make some major decisions as life has evolved. Decided to go back to full-time employment. I cant believe i'm saying this but i'm excited about the notion. I can only say that right now, its the right thing for my life. I've also let go of some things that I now see as hinderances towards the end goal. Won't go into too much detail and I can only say that its not been an easy process. Even now, I have moments where I think "what in the world?" doesnt make much sense i know...
Whatever this journey brings, I can say i'm ready and with an open mind, heart, and soul to whatever it is that God brings to my life or takes me too. There's still much I dont yet know and still more I'm learning...but i'm content to take it one step, one day at a time. I dont need to know step by step how i'm going to get to the end destination...just need to know i'm getting there.
I also have taken on a new challenge: to run a 5K competitively and by the end of next year a half marathon. I met with my trainer today and she totally rocked and encouraged me, that yes it was totally doable. I managed to get in 2.79 miles today!!!
I think there are two other's who are feelin the same sentiments and working on training! so i've officially started a 5k training program. I decided to post my progress here. so for those of you wanting to get into shape...trust me if i can do it, so can you. and what more all you gotta do is see pictures of my brother to see what determination and hard work can accomplish.
ok so i just realized the time and realized i need to get to sleep if i'm going to funtion tomorrow...
I'm working on posting more consistently so we'll see how that goes. The song listed below is something i've been listening to quite a bit. I can say that i'm definitely grounded in a decion and a resolve and am waiting on God for many things at this point in my life but even in the waiting I'm not supposed to sit passively twiddling my thumbs, no i'm called to action - to better what i've got and sow so that there will be something to reap.
I dont understand God's timing, for all my book smarts its never been something i've ever been good at grasping. But that's ok. I just know He's gonna come through at the perfect moment. I'm just working at making the most of each moment and opportunity, not leaving anything left on the table...so that at the end of the day I know that I did the best I possibly could with that day. alot of good things coming down the road and i'll be sharing them here, so stay posted!
You'll Come
Chains be broken
Lives be healed
Eyes be opened
Christ is revealed
I have decided
I have resolved
To wait upon You Lord
My rock and Redeemer
Shield and reward
I'll wait upon You Lord
As surely as the sun will rise
You'll come to us
Certain as the dawn appears
You'll come
Let Your glory fall as You respond to us
Spirit rain
Flood into our thirsty hearts again
You'll come
You'll come
We are not shaken
We are not moved
We wait upon You Lord
Mighty deliverer
Triumph and truth
We wait upon You Lord
As surely as the sun will rise
You'll come to us
Certain as Your word endures
You'll come
Let Your glory fall as You respond to us
Spirit rain
Flood into our thirsty hearts again
You'll come
You'll come
Chains be broken
Lives be healed
Eyes be opened
Christ is revealed
blessings always
laura
No comments:
Post a Comment