Sunday, October 18, 2009

j train

We're on our way home from a weekend in Dallas. My bro is @ the helm navigating our way across that beautiful West Texas landscape and me on my palm writing this blog. Somethin about west texas sunsets that make me wanna write.

Had the most interesting weekend and while major deadlines loom on the horizon, the weekend's activity were more needed than I could ever anticipate.

Joined team "Save the Chi-Chis" for Komen which is always an awesome experience. I always walk in celebration of one of my friend's mom. After, we had an awesome brunch @ cafe brazil w/some rockin' folks. That place always reminds me of an old friend, Job - the world traveler and connessiuer of sorts. ok so totally butchered the spelling there.

I managed to catch a much needed nap before getting dressed for church @ NDFC on sat nite. ok can I say I miss my "gente"? cause I totally do...so I felt right at home.

after we were joined by a friend for a quick bite and then off to see "where the wild things are." loved it!!! not a kids movie but more for adults about being a kid. have more to share about that but will wait to write about it. only can say i've had to make a lot of adult decisions lately and none of them have been very forth coming in ease. sometime u have to let something go to embrace something else. sometimes it's easier to do and other times it's the hardest thing to do. I just know that I have to keep putting one foot in front of the other regardless of who's willing or not willing to accompany me on the journey. sometime u gotta be willing to go it alone.

today my bro and I got to see my prima who's got a crazy work schedule so we don't always get to see her. it's always good to spend time w/family and given this last month I've realized just how important they r to me.

Life is definitely in a new season and nothing is familar. I feel like i'm re-emerging from that very driven and risk-taking self again. I sometimes withdraw and sit quietly on the side lines. something like a "know which battles to pick" thing.

No comments: