Alright...so this blog pays homage to two of my best friends. My most recent one and my bff from junior high. This posting is a departure from my usual posts...and definitely far from my last post. But bear with me...this is kinda where I'm at right now.
Surrounded by friends and family and loved ones, so I only feel it's completely appropriate. You may choose to disagree...thats ok. The whole reason for this blog is because my awesome boyfriend bought me tickets to see New Kids on the Block and Back Street Boys in June. I saw New Kids on the Block with my best friend, Angie, about two years ago in Dallas...and well I just need to talk about that experience! LOL.
ok so my bff, Smange, as I call her - and I were attending the show in Dallas with my cousin and some of her friends. My cousin, Jenn, who basically grew up with me is more like a sister than a cousin. So I can remember dancing in my living room watching MTV to New Kids videos like "dance party USA" style. Yes, we were dorks...that's not the point. so when we got a chance to go as adults, we jumped on that gravin train like it was the last stop to paris! LOL.
simply because, we had mexican mamas and there was no way they were going to take us to a New Kids concert when we were kids. in fact, i dont think I ever remember either of them going out of town by themselves. odd...but anyhow...back to the story...so no concerts for us when they were young.
the announcement of that tour and new album was like..."dude we have to go!" so we got tickets and were on our way.
my bff, Smange, and I got a parking pass across from the venue and arrived early to check out Lady Gaga (who at the time, we had no clue who that was), and Natasha Bedingfield. Now, I will note that alot of these ladies seemed our age or older! and so many of them were sportin their 80's/90's New Kids buttons and denim jackets and 80's garb...it was hilarious...
Smange and I looked at each other, who were dressed semi-trendy for the 2000's(LOL!), and gave each other the "oh no she didn't" look.
so lady Gaga comes on and we noted that she needed a longer skirt...then Natasha and we both like her music...so we were bobbin our heads along to her music...some ladies were standing and dancing to her songs...and we noted very few men...who were either gay (not meant in a derogatory tone) or were forced to attend by significant other.
(didnt I write about this experience before?)
ok so back to the story. the house lights suddenly went out and outta the speaker box barks a deep voice along with music...ARE - YOU - REA-DY? and so by this point everyone is on their feet and starting to cheer....and just about that time...stage lights go up and the crowd goes wild and I'm wanting to go wild but since my BFF and I had been playing it cool..thought if I go crazy am I going to look like a huge dork? so I'm just about to turn to my BFF to note her reaction, when I see that she threw caution to the wind and was going NUTS, screaming and jumpin up and down...and so I tossed my arms up on the air in resignation and thought "what the heck?" and joined in!!! LOL...
OMG - that was seriously the most fun I had ever had at a show! We sang along, cheered, jumped up and down, danced...had a seriously awesome time. We were in the car and said to each other "no one will ever be able to understand this experience except for those who were there!" lol...
So when my boyfriend offered me a chance to see them again! I jumped at it...and so that is how my junior high bestie, Jackie, enters this picture...she and I had gone our separate ways and through some Divine intervention she has re-entered my life. Its been a great and awesome thing and I really love her like my sister. So she and I will be catching New Kids and Back Street Boys in June. We saw John Mayer in Houston at the end of the summer and had a great time. I can only imagine what this show will be like!
I gotta say, its amazing to have her back in my life...she knows my family really well...and there's something about having someone in your life that know so much of your history. They understand where you come from and why you are who you are today. The same can be said of my boyfriend, Ricardo. He knows where I've come from and why I am who I am today. You dont have to give any back story or explain in details...they've seen you live life in that way and were witnesses to what you've become.
Now for me...both Jackie and Ricardo were absent for a portion of my life and re-entered here recently...but they still captured a part of my life that has significance.
As for Jackie, omg....we have some seriously random conversations. She's honest...about as honest as anyone can get. She doesn't front and tells you like it is. I appreciate that in a number of ways. And we have lots and lots of memories together. We did go to junior high and high school together. so I think its only fitting to attend this show with her!
I've been listening to the old stuff from New Kids and some of the new stuff....nostalgic! LOL
alright...so now that i'm totally pumped about a show that is more than 6 months away....on the agenda this week is to finish up christmas preparations..and get ready to spend Christmas with family and friends.
going to Austin to spend Christmas Eve with Ricardo's family and then, he and I are headed back to West Texas to spend time with my family. This is our first Christmas and I'm very excited that we get to spend it together. We decided to do Thanksgiving solo with each of our families so this will be something new! Excited to share these last few moments with Ricardo as we started 2010 together! Quite literally...our official first date was Jan 1, 2010! I love him deeply and am so glad that he's a part of my life!
Sleep is on this agenda for now...taking my precious nephew, Timothy to the movies tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment