Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Video from Matt Chandler

Video from Matt

I had to post this simply because I was greatly encouraged and humbled after watching today.

I've met Matt a number of times but can't say that he would remember my name or even my face. I first met him while he was attending Hardin Simmons where he helped with Grace, a collegiate service. Jeff Berry was leading worship at the time and our own band, Signet, from the ASU BSM would often make trips up to GRACE to observe, viewing Jeff Berry as a sort of mentor/role model.

The one thing I can remember about Matt way back then was his willingness to serve and his jokes! He was quite the character then and given his servant heart, easy to see back then, it was no surprised to find him pastoring at The Village several years later.

There's an odd sort of connection there with The Village. I remember going to visit with a friend who had just moved into the Dallas area and who wanted to check out the Village. Given Matt's growing reputation, I was also eager to visit his new congregation and was doubly surprised to find Gilbert Montez serving there (now as Director of Communications). Turns out Gilbert knew my friend and in fact had been the one to invite him.

So given the recent news about Matt's health/situation; I found his video, posted on his church's website, humbling to say the least. I agree with his words and message, continue to pray for his family and situation, and am grateful for all blessings bestowed upon my own life - more than you could know.

Makes finals seem trivial and the stress of finals immaterial, frivolous, and paltry...in short, his message puts things into perspective! So no matter what you are going through I hope you find joy in your situation and will remember Matt's words.

Thank you Father for all things...for all the good and for those things I may think aren't so good!

No comments: