Thursday, November 26, 2009

In Repair



Thought I'd post one last bit before the weekend ensues.

Getting dressed to head out with the family for Thanksgiving Lunch and all that it encompasses. So ready for the laughs, company, and incredible food. With three chefs at the helm, its gotta be great! We started the festivities last night with a surprise party for not one but two cousins! Completely caught them off guard which was awesome! Then it was off to the races to prepare my assigned dishes for today's meal.

Most everything was shipped off with my brother headed to my cousins where indoubtedly, we'll spend most if not all of the day. Not sure what else is in store for the weekend but just know I have got to get some studying and homework done. No Black Friday sales for me! :(

It's ok. I've not been feeling well for a few weeks now. Have more or less an idea of what it is but have set up appointments for after the winter break. Nothing serious as of now just praying that it won't require any extensive medical  intervention. I've managed to go this long without it so I'm hoping that will be the case for a bit longer. We shall see...

Allergies are actin up again...darn cold front...all that dust being blown around. So just trying to contain and minimize symptoms. I do not want to be sick during finals. I was last year and it was miserable! Makes studying almost, if not near impossible.

Ok so I'm sure you're thinking, John Mayer? In Repair? Is there some hidden message there? No...there's not. Though I can say I relate to the song a bit and if I really am honest, have been there for a long, long while...starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

The version of this that I really like is from ACL a few years ago....click on ACl and it will take you to the video link. My brother and I were at ACL that year and saw this performance live. I was going through transition then and as I look back I see that it was truly for the best. That difficult time in my life led to some of the most amazing accomplishments and events. So being thankful for adversity /challenges seems to be a continued theme for today's post. what can I say? it's where i'm at...and i just gotta be honest about that.

I can't believe the year has come and is almost gone. I'm definitely attempting to make th emost of the time left. Keeping my head up and remaining positive about my situation knowing that hope and true love never fails...and that is found only in Jesus/the Father.

What's been really awesome about this journey is that for one I've learned so much but even more so learned about myself more than i thought possible. I've been able to see how life connects in a way that's much like a puzzle or links along a railroad. I can't control others...can't make decisions for them...can't make them do what i want...all i can do is attempt to do the best with what i have. Be fair and good to people...love always, hope always, and be gracious always. Easier said than done by far.

There's much to work on for 2010 and while i'd like to jump ahead and ponder on the possbilities. I know better. oh no...no expectations this time around. Just going to get on the train and enjoy the ride. A far different approach. So thankful for people who love because they love God and desire to honor Him. Grateful for words of encouragement, for lives and journeys shared, for quiet moments, for beauty found in landscape, lessons learned, moments lived, and experiences remembered.

My goal for 2010 is to leave people better than I found them  and I pray that all the experiences of 2009 in the end made me a better person. In the last month of this year, I hope to do my best to bring honor and glory only where its due.

Wishing and praying for a day of rest, peace, family, and love for each of you!

No comments: