Saturday, March 3, 2012

gimme a cupcake

after this crazy week, I really needed the downtime of this weekend. I've literally been on the road most weekends since before Christmas. Looks like I'll be spending the month of March home with Ricardo heading this way to visit.

that man is a Godsend.

exhaustion is a funny thing and often I don't realize it's toll until i'm literally knocked off my feet like last week with an upper respiratory infection and then this week it was an eye infection. the dangers of working in a hospital.

i've worked to break my habit of touching my face, eyes, mouth, etc...because I had a nasty outbreak of a rash which I found out was due to the fact that I'm allergic to certain kinds of toothpaste.

oh man - me and these allergies.

I'm hoping the allergy shots start kicking in soon. immunotherapy shots does not equal fun that's for sure and they not only affect my schedule but my pocketbook! agh!

that's been my life in an nutshell for the last few weeks...being sick. no bueno and no fun. :(

so I took a brief moment today to examine why the illness and the craziness that is my life. some things I have absolutely no control - other things I can do something about. i realized my life needs some adjustments because in many ways i've not yet adjusted to post grad-school life.

not to mention that I have this crazy work ethic. i'm not married and dont have kids so its all too easy for me to lose myself in my work. not healthy I know...but its something I already know about myself and something I have to stay on top of. i dont think its a bad thing just about finding balance. luckily, i have a great mentor/boss who reminds me of the important things in life. he's got a great perspective about these things. makes me grateful for where i'm at and the position I'm in.

so another area taking a toll on the whole crazy work ethic/illness episode is my house. as in i still have christmas packed up but sitting in my living room. yeah - definitely need to get it shipped out to storage and clean my apt. i have piles of clean clothes and towels, and bedding that i've not been able to get put away...

so i think this weekend and the next few to come will bring with them some spring cleaning...out with the old to make room for whata i've already got! lol....dont need anymore new.

with the whole actual "spring cleaning" i figured that I should do some figurative spring cleaning and i've got a list going. time to roll up the sleeves and "Do work, Son!"

with that - sleep is calling.

peace, love, and sweet dreams world

No comments: