Lately I’ve had three songs on repeat.
Always On Time.
The Wonderful Blood.
Jesus My Everything.
At first, I couldn’t quite put my finger on why.
But the more I listened, the more I realized they were all telling different parts of the same story.
A story I’ve lived.
A story many of us have lived.
A story of redemption.
There have been seasons in my life where I made mistakes.
Seasons where I chose poorly.
Seasons where I found myself facing consequences I couldn’t blame on anyone else.
Moments where I wondered whether I had wandered too far, failed too much, or broken too many things to ever fully recover.
If you’ve walked life long enough, you’ve probably had moments like that too.
The beautiful thing about Scripture is that God never hides the failures of His people.
Abraham doubted.
Moses lost his temper.
David fell.
Peter denied Christ.
Paul persecuted believers.
Yet God still used them.
Not because their failures didn’t matter.
But because God’s grace was greater.
I think that’s what makes redemption so difficult for some people to understand.
We love grace in theory.
We just struggle with it when it shows up in real life.
Especially when it shows up in the life of someone who doesn’t appear to deserve it.
But if we’re honest, that’s the entire Gospel.
None of us deserves it.
Not one.
That’s why The Wonderful Blood hits me so deeply.
Because the blood of Christ didn’t partially cover my failures.
It completely paid a debt I could never repay.
Every mistake.
Every regret.
Every bad decision.
Every sin.
Every moment I wished I could undo.
Covered.
Not because I earned forgiveness.
Because Jesus purchased it.
The older I get, the more I realize redemption is not pretending the past never happened.
Redemption is God refusing to let the past have the final word.
When I look back over my life, I can see His hand everywhere.
Doors opening.
Opportunities appearing.
Protection I didn’t recognize at the time.
Provision arriving exactly when I needed it.
Moments where I cried out to God and He answered in ways I never could have orchestrated myself.
That’s why Always On Time resonates so deeply.
Because there were seasons when I thought God was silent.
Seasons when I thought I had missed my chance.
Seasons when I couldn’t see what He was doing.
And yet, looking back, I can see His fingerprints all over the story.
Not early.
Not late.
Right on time.
But lately, I’ve realized something even deeper.
The greatest blessing was never the open door.
It wasn’t the opportunity.
It wasn’t the provision.
It wasn’t even the redemption itself.
It was Jesus.
That’s what Jesus My Everything keeps reminding me.
Somewhere along the way, it’s easy to become more focused on what God gives than on God Himself.
We pray for the breakthrough.
The healing.
The relationship.
The provision.
The answer.
And when those things come, we celebrate.
But eventually, if we keep walking with Him long enough, we begin to understand something profound.
The gift was never the destination.
The Giver was.
Because there have been moments when circumstances didn’t improve immediately.
Moments when answers didn’t come.
Moments when the path forward wasn’t clear.
Yet Christ remained.
Steady.
Faithful.
Present.
What I’ve discovered is that His presence has carried me through things His provision never could.
The older I get, the less interested I am in a faith built solely on outcomes.
I want the kind of faith that remains when the outcome isn’t what I expected.
The kind of faith that says:
If the door opens, He is enough.
If the door closes, He is enough.
If the answer comes today, He is enough.
If the answer comes years from now, He is enough.
Because Jesus isn’t merely the means to the blessing.
He is the blessing.
So when I hear those three songs now, I hear one message.
A God who hears His people when they cry out.
A Savior whose blood paid a debt we could never pay.
A Redeemer who rewrites stories.
A faithful Father who is always on time.
And a Christ who, after everything else is stripped away, is still my everything.
And honestly?
That’s more than enough.
~ Louda
No comments:
Post a Comment