Wednesday, June 3, 2026

Part 5: Peace Showed Up Different

There’s a difference between losing control…

and choosing to release it.

The first feels like panic.

The second feels like surrender.

And surrender doesn’t come easily.

Most of us spend a good portion of our lives trying to hold things together.

We make plans.

We create timelines.

We try to anticipate outcomes.

We convince ourselves that if we work hard enough, prepare enough, think hard enough, we can somehow reduce uncertainty to a manageable level.

And sometimes that works.

Until it doesn’t.

Life has a way of introducing circumstances that refuse to cooperate with our plans.

Questions without answers.

Losses we didn’t see coming.

Changes we didn’t choose.

Situations that can’t be solved simply because we want them solved.

When those moments arrive, the instinct is often to grip tighter.

To search harder.

To force clarity.

To replay conversations.

To analyze every detail.

To convince ourselves that if we just think about it long enough, we’ll eventually find the answer that makes everything make sense.

But eventually you discover something difficult.

Not everything can be figured out.

Not every question gets answered.

Not every chapter receives the closure you hoped for.

And that’s where surrender begins.

Not giving up.

Not becoming indifferent.

Not pretending the situation doesn’t matter.

Surrender is something different.

It’s acknowledging that there are things beyond your control.

It’s releasing the burden of trying to carry what was never yours to carry alone.

It’s choosing trust over certainty.

And for me, that trust has always led back to God.

Not because faith makes life easier.

Not because following Him guarantees smooth roads or clear answers.

But because through every season of my life—every disappointment, every heartbreak, every unexpected turn—He has been present.

There have been moments when I didn’t understand what He was doing.

Moments when His timing felt painfully slow.

Moments when the silence felt louder than the answers.

Yet when I look back, I can see His fingerprints and footprints everywhere.

In the strength I didn’t know I had.

In the people He placed in my path.

In the doors that closed.

In the ones that opened.

In the quiet ways He carried me when I was too tired to carry myself.

The older I get, the more I realize faith isn’t about having certainty.

It’s about knowing Who to trust when certainty isn’t available.

Because uncertainty feels vulnerable.

Letting go feels risky.

And holding on at least gives us the illusion of control.

But something shifts when you finally loosen your grip.

Not necessarily around you.

The circumstances may remain exactly the same.

The questions may still be unanswered.

The future may still be unclear.

But something within you begins to change.

Peace shows up.

Not the kind that fixes everything.

Not the kind that explains everything.

Not the kind that suddenly ties every loose end into a neat little bow.

A different kind of peace.

A quieter one.

A deeper one.

The kind of peace Scripture describes as “the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding.”

A peace that doesn’t make sense.

A peace that arrives before the answer.

A peace that remains even when the outcome is still uncertain.

I’ve experienced that peace more times than I can count.

Not after everything worked out.

Not after every prayer was answered the way I hoped.

Not after every situation resolved itself neatly.

But right in the middle of the waiting.

Right in the middle of the uncertainty.

Right in the middle of circumstances that made absolutely no sense.

The world tells us peace comes when we finally understand.

When the diagnosis improves.

When the relationship heals.

When the finances stabilize.

When the future becomes predictable.

But God often offers something different.

A peace that arrives before understanding.

A peace that doesn’t require explanations.

A peace rooted not in circumstances, but in His presence.

And perhaps that’s why it feels so unfamiliar at first.

Because we often mistake peace for certainty.

But they’re not the same thing.

Certainty says, “I know what happens next.”

Peace says, “I don’t know what happens next, but I know God is already there.”

One depends on answers.

The other depends on trust.

I’ve spent enough years walking through unexpected turns to know that life rarely unfolds according to the version we create in our minds.

Relationships change.

Dreams evolve.

Plans get interrupted.

The future takes shapes we never imagined.

And somewhere along the way, you stop trying to force life back into the version you originally expected.

You stop demanding explanations.

You stop chasing guarantees.

You stop measuring your wellbeing by how much certainty you can create.

And in that space…

peace finds room to enter.

Not because everything became clear.

But because you finally stopped fighting for control that was never yours to begin with.

Maybe that’s what faith looks like sometimes.

Not having all the answers.

Not seeing the entire path.

Not understanding why things happened the way they did.

Just taking the next step anyway.

Trusting that God is who He says He is.

Trusting that He remains faithful when circumstances are not.

Trusting that what you need for today will be there when today arrives.

Trusting that even when everything feels uncertain, you are never walking it alone.

Because that has been my experience.

No matter what life has placed in front of me.

No matter how dark the season.

No matter how uncertain the road.

God has always been there.

He has held me.

He has steadied me.

He has carried me.

And He has seen me through.

Not always in the way I expected.

But always in the way I needed.

Looking back, I realize peace was never waiting at the end of the journey.

It wasn’t hiding behind the answer.

It wasn’t reserved for some future moment when everything finally made sense.

It was present all along.

Found in the presence of a God who never left.

Waiting for the moment I stopped trying to control everything…

and trusted Him enough to let it go.

~ Louda

From He Didn’t

“Peace showed up different
When I let it all go…”


No comments: