I'm out in New Mexico for a few days. My brother is here for a runners convention and I joined him to catch the Burning Lights Tour.
A long time friend DJ Promote is on the tour along with Kari Jobe and Chris Tomlin. Supporting our friends in ministry: something we try to do often. Certain that comes from our folks.
I've been under the weather and working through some respiratory issues. Needless to say comin to higher altitudes probably not super smart but tonight was worth it.
To say we've been through the mill in this season of our lives is an understatement. We're anxiously awaiting and dreading "that phone" call. Most of you know I'm referring to my bro-in-laws condition. He's surprised everyone but that is Cary. He will pass from this life when God calls him home and only God knows when thy will be.
So like most trips in the last few months, this one was weary laden. We've had a lot of shuffling around with my mom or parents going to help my sister. Being there to help with the boys etc. often we get back from one commitment and are off to my sister's.
Please don't miss understand there is ok complaining here just setting the scene concerning the struggle. I wouldn't change it either. Tired not tired I couldn't see myself not being there for my sister and nephews. It's what we do its who we are.
So tonight was for me a reminder of who we place our hope in. It was a chance to worship through and despite the storm and it was a reminder that even in sorrow and hardship there is peace. Joy comes in the mourning/morning...
We're only partway through this difficult journey...and God continues to amaze me, amaze us as a family, of His faithfulness never giving to any of us more than we can bear!
So tonight for me was about celebrating who God is and all the promises He's given us.
I was able to sit and reflect and release. Release worry, sorrow, concern, anxiety, all the things I'd not been able to express. I was reminded of who is before us and who stands behind us.
In this desert land of NM, I found an oasis of refreshment and rejuvenation via The Burning Light Tour.
All it took was being still and being in Gods presence to know that peace that passes all understanding. It's a beautiful thing!

No comments:
Post a Comment