Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Part 8: Carried

People will call you strong.

They’ll say it with the best intentions.

Because from the outside, it looks like you held it together.

Like you carried the weight without falling apart.

Like you found the right words.

Like you somehow knew what to do next.

They see the milestones.

The accomplishments.

The smile that eventually returned.

The fact that you kept showing up.

But they don’t see the full picture.

They don’t see the nights you cried yourself to sleep.

The prayers that felt like they never made it past the ceiling.

The questions that had no answers.

The moments you wondered if you had anything left to give.

They don’t see the quiet battles.

The grief you carried without talking about it.

The disappointment that settled into your heart.

The fear that you hid because everyone else needed you to be okay.

They don’t see the days you simply survived.

The days you got out of bed because people were counting on you.

The days you smiled even though your heart was breaking.

The days you took one more step—not because you wanted to, but because stopping wasn’t an option.

And somewhere along the way, people began to call you strong.

I understand why.

Strength is the only explanation that makes sense when someone keeps moving through impossible circumstances.

But I’ve learned something.

There is a difference between being strong…

and being sustained.

If it had depended on my own strength, there were moments I would have quit.

Moments I would have stayed on the floor.

Moments I would have admitted I had nothing left.

The truth is, I wasn’t holding everything together.

God was.

He carried what I couldn’t.

He gave peace when circumstances offered none.

He provided hope when I couldn’t see beyond the next hour.

He remained faithful when my faith felt fragile.

Looking back, I can see His fingerprints all over the places where I thought I was simply enduring.

What I called surviving…

He called carrying.

What I called barely making it…

He called never leaving.

So when someone tells me, “You’re so strong,” I appreciate the kindness behind the words.

But if I’m honest, that’s not my story.

My story is that I was carried.

By Someone steady.

Someone unchanging.

Someone who never walked away.

Someone who didn’t move…

even when everything else did.

That’s the heart behind my song, “You Didn’t.”

Not because I’m strong
Not because I understand…

It’s a reminder that faith isn’t about never feeling weak.

It’s about discovering that God’s faithfulness is greater than your weakness.

Because in the moments I thought I was holding on to Him…

I realized He had been holding on to me all along.


No comments: