Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Way maker..




I’ve been wanting to blog about an event that occurred last weekend but I needed to sit on my thoughts and words for a while. It’s no secret that I can be sharp in response. This response can’t come from a place of defense but from a place of love. I’ve wrestled with that and spent time in the scripture with it. May come as a surprise to some. After some reflection, I realized my sense to heed largely comes from my faith and who I know God to be. You’d think through all the horrendous experiences I would’ve given up and I think to some it may have seemed that way. That couldn’t be any further from the truth.

We purposefully taken silent steps to a behind the scenes approach to our faith. We as teenagers and young adults had spent time in leadership and needed to just step back. I’d like to call us “recovering leaders/pk’s” but we’ve learned more about leading through quietly and anonymously serving these past few years. A lot of private conversations that happened away from the main stage, giving support, providing encouraging words, and giving. We expanded our circles outside of the normal confines of our old circles. What a beautiful and marvelous experience. These amazing souls who have colored our world, taught us more about unconditional love, and taught us to view things through different lenses.

While some have said, oh “you’ve walked away..” Those who know us well know we’ve been finding our own path and discovering who we are as individuals, as a married couple, and as our own family out from under our parents’ incredible shadows. We’re grateful for the examples in our parents. For all their transparency in being our managers as children and moving into a consultant role as we’ve moved into adulthood. Not always easy and they’ve not always been happy with our decisions but looking back we can say the path we’ve forged has largely been our own.

This song largely inspires the writing that’s to come.

No comments: