Thought I'd take a minute to write before I met the apartment locator. Yes, today is the day where (hopefully) I find somewhere to live so that I'm not completely homeless while I'm in the new city!
Super excited and a little nervous but everyone I've met so far has been extremely nice and friendly! Gives me great comfort.
The last few weeks, I've tracked more than 2,500 miles. It's been grueling and exhausting but well worth the travel. I think if anything I've realized to being part of people's lives sometimes requires sacrifices and they are ones I would gladly make. More about priorities and for me: I've really been focusing on being good to the people I love and letting them know that I care about them.
So gladly I traveled to help with decorations for my Godmother's daughter and to be the Maid of Honor in my bff's wedding! and even taking my mom to see the nephews and getting some time with them.
Moving closer is going to let me spend more time with them while they're little and when it counts most (in my opinion). I'm excited about that...beyond elated.
Though I'm sad to leave my brother, we still have TTU games and heck no I'm not missing any home games! GUNS UP!
So yeah, these days its hard for me to keep track of which city I'm in but I have the luxury of moving about something that might not be afforded for too much longer! I will say that I am very happy and very ready to be in one singular spot for a while!
Needless to say, I have the arduous task of packing up my apartment. Something I thought would be pretty simple: but I've found hard to do. Mainly because it means saying goodbye and while saying hello to the new job, new coworkers, new work environment, new surroundings is exciting: its also bittersweet.
I've had such a great boss for the last year and half or so....a great mentor. I'd gotten comfortable with my job and what was expected of me and while there's always more to learn; I know this next step is the right one. Need to continue building on the experience and knowledge I've gained.
No comments:
Post a Comment